Another Distraction

A somewhat eclectic blog by a woman who's easily distracted...

Friday, September 08, 2006

Greetings, World!

Hello everyone, and welcome to my little corner of cyberspace. I've been meaning to get this blog up for quite some time, but have been...well...distracted. It happens frequently.

With any luck at all, I'll make that work to my advantage by posting about whatever's currently distracting me. (If I'm not too distracted...) I suspect I'll mostly talk about knitting, traveling, the occasional soap-making adventure, and a random rant or two, but just about anything is fair game. (But really, at this point, I'm thinking it's mostly going to be a knitting blog.)

So, why start blogging now--today? Good question. There are three answers:

  1. I'm going to see The Yarn Harlot tomorrow, so I KNOW I'll have something really fun to post about tomorrow.
  2. I'm seriously considering entering Cookie's contest (what I won't do for a stash enhancement...), but the deadline is Sunday and the entry has to be a blog post. (So, if you come by and see a rather odd post, it's probably just me trying to win some of Cookie's yarn.)
  3. The guilt is really getting to me. I was a terrible flake to my awesome postcard pal, and I want to make a formal and public apology to her. (And send her something good to make up for it--more on that later.)

So, if this is a knitting blog (mostly), where's the knitting? Hmm... I'll have to get you all caught up on past projects in another post. I seem to be having a bit of trouble uploading photos, and since I've misplaced my digital camera, I'd only have sad little camera phone photos to show you right now, anyway.

In the mean time, here are a couple of links to recent/current projects:

I've recenlty finished Karen Baumer's Simply Lovely Lace Socks from the Spring 2006 Interweave Knits.

Projects currently on the needles include The Yarn Harlot's A Very Harlot Poncho (just a few more rounds to go...) and Elann's Aran Weight Lace Cropped Cardigan by Ann Cannon-Brown and Michelle Ciccariello.

Alright, then. Now that I've introduced myself, please feel free to leave me a comment and do the same.

As for me, I'm off to find the blasted camera. I'll definitely need it for tomorrow. Yarn Harlot, here I come!

1 Comments:

At 12:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am also trying to knit the Elann Aran weight lace cropped cardigan and am having a bit of difficulty. I seem to have a few extra stitches of plain stockinette between the fronts and the sleeves, and around the lace pattern on the back section. Any guidance?
Kellbarton@hotmail.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home