Another Distraction

A somewhat eclectic blog by a woman who's easily distracted...

Friday, March 16, 2007

Losing more than time

Happy Friday!

The dbf and I went to San Francisco last Saturday to visit the botanical gardens and the zoo. Both were wonderful, and both confirmed for us our need for a better digital camera. Anyway, today's eye candy is from the gardens.

We had also wanted to go to the Presidio to see "Remembered Light", but we ran out of time, so we'll have to try again soon, while the exhibit is still there.

We stopped at the Moss Beach Distillery for a light dinner on the patio on our way home, and I'm kicking myself because I didn't take any pictures. Bad blogger!

We didn't see the ghost, but we came for the view, the crab quesadilla (for the dbf), and the steamers (for me)--and we weren't disappointed! Very tasty! (The beer was good, too.)

And lest you think I've abandonned knitting completely, here's what I was working on while we were in the car:

Yep. The Malabrigo scarf. I'm hoping that I'll finish it this weekend. And that I'll get a better picture of it. Of course, that was my hope last weekend, too. I know my progress on this (and my other two WIPs) is painfully slow (and I have a theory about that--perhaps in my next post), but I really do love this simple scarf. The colors make me happy, the stitch pattern is basic but pleasant, and it is indescribably soft. Actually, it's plenty long enough to be a scarf now, but I love it so much, I feel like it deserves to be extra long. Is that strange?

And now, changing the topic entirely...

My last blog entry talked about lost time (and lost money). This week, I thought I'd mention lost weight. I joined Weight Watchers last Tuesday (one year to the day since last time...). I want to lose twenty pounds, and am off to a good start - 4.1 pounds! I know that's just because it's my first week, and that my weight loss will slow down considerably, but that's okay. This seems to me to be the safest, sanest way to lose weight. And, with any luck (and committment on my part, which has proven to be the tougher part in the past), it can become a healthy and thinner life style. That's the theory. I'll let you know how it goes.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home