Another Distraction

A somewhat eclectic blog by a woman who's easily distracted...

Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Done, Done, Starting, Won!


<- Done!

Done! ->


The Malabrigo mistake rib scarf is done! It's about 80 inches, but I haven't washed it yet, so the final number isn't in yet. I love it!

And as an added bonus, I started--and finished--this dishrag ("Grandmother's Favorite Dishcloth") on Saturday. I cannot tell you why--I don't understand it myself--but although I have never made a dishcloth in my life (and have never really been interested, to tell you the truth), I suddenly felt a compelling need to make one IMMEDIATELY. Of course, I had no cotton in the house, so I fell off the "Knit from your stash" wagon, and bought some cotton.


I'm re-evaluating the "knit from your stash" thing. I'll let you know what I decide.

So, now what? I'll give you a hint: it's been on this blog before (although, not in this yarn), but got frogged. Want another hint? How about this:

It's just a swatch--a big swatch, but a swatch. The plan is a "compare and contrast" type of thing. More on that when I have another swatch to show you.

And the coolest thing of the day? The Rainey Sisters had a "bloggiversary" contest, and I won Susan Rainey's lace tam and scarf pattern, AND two skeins of Rowan Silk Wool (enough to make the tam). Looks like it'll be a lot of horseshoe lace around here for a while! I'm so excited!

So, how's that for knitting content, eh? When it rains, it pours.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home