Another Distraction

A somewhat eclectic blog by a woman who's easily distracted...

Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Starting the New Year Right

The thrummed mittens are done! My hands will be warm in 2008.



And here's a WIP I neglected to mention--another mistake rib scarf:

I started it in late November, but it's still a WIP... I started it with just over a week to finish it--as soon as I found out the Homeless Garden Project Store was looking for handmade scarves for Christmas sales. However, the timing didn't work out, since I got shipped out of the country a few days later. Still, I figure I'll finish it, and if it doesn't find a home by next Christmas, it'll be my headstart on scarves for the Homeless Garden Project. In the mean time, I did by some great stuff there. I highly recommend the lavender dryer sachets (scroll down)--I think I may start making my own, I love them so much--and I'm dying to try the lavender shortbread cookie mix (again, scroll down). (I bought several as presents, and I bought a couple extras for myself, but I wound up giving them as away...).


In addition to the completion of the thrummed mittens, today also brought an "aha!" moment about my somewhat unorthodox knitting style, but that's a post for another day.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home