Another Distraction

A somewhat eclectic blog by a woman who's easily distracted...

Thursday, May 15, 2008

Winning news and other randomness

Winning news:

This is the inside of my freezer.


"Winning news" doesn't immediately jump to mind when you look at this, does it? This sad photo gives you a pretty accurate glimpse into what a weeknight dinner is for me. It's not that I can't cook, but that I'm usually too tired, too distracted, or too lazy to cook after a long day at work. Especially if I'm just cooking for me, which is about 80% of the time.

Why would I show you this? Because soon--very soon--I should be eating quick, healthy dinners, thanks to Wendy. I won a copy of The Splendid Table's How to Eat Supper through one of her fabulous blog contests! Perhaps I'll even blog a meal or two once I get the book. Stay tuned.

Other randomness:

  • * I did, in fact, sign up for the Summer of Socks 2008. I figure it shouldn't be too tough to do better than I did last year. And I will likely enter the "Socks on Vacation" contest. I will not be entering the "Most Socks" contest. Clearly.


  • * Here's a photo of the slow progress on the Instant Gratification Cardi Jacket. (In my defense, I've been traveling, so I haven't touched it in three days.)




  • * And a photo of the even slower progress on the fingerless gloves. I have no defense for the lack of progress here, although I will say that on the aforementioned trip, I chose to try and sleep on the plane, rather than read or knit, given it was essentially two cross-country (SFO-JFK-SFO) red-eyes with an all day meeting in the middle.




  • * Should you ever find yourself at JFK looking for a pleasant meal and a drink, steer clear of the Bacardi Lounge. The service is both slow and surly, and the drinks are overpriced.


  • * And since you're here... I'm going to take advantage of my increased Web traffic (since Wendy linked to me, and all) to let you know about two great hat-knitting-for-charity opportunities:

It's shaping up to be a tasty meal-making, happy sock- and hat-knitting summer!

1 Comments:

At 8:57 AM, Blogger Haley said...

oy! the "lower body" is a typo. i sent out an updated copy to everyone who purchased it, but maybe i miseed you or it went in your spam folder. please e-mail me at knitomatic (at) gmail (dot) com and i'll send you the edit.

thanks! Haley :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home