Another Distraction

A somewhat eclectic blog by a woman who's easily distracted...

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

How Does My Garden Grow?

Too early to tell how it'll grow yet, but hey! I have a garden again!

Here's the left half of it. It had become horrifically overgrown with oxalis--the "pernicious invasive weed" kind, so Sunday was spent weeding, amending soil, planting and watering. I still need to get two more tomato cages, but I'm pretty happy with my little garden so far. Of course, the snails and the slugs haven't gotten a chance to munch it all yet. Anyone know of a good, pet-friendly way to get rid of snails and slugs? (I can't use beer. The dog will drink it...)

I'm pretty excited about this. Perhaps more than I should be. I have four varieties of tomatoes (I LOVE fresh tomatoes!), strawberries, three varieties of mint (which I may dig up and put in pots if it looks like it's getting unruly), chives, roses, and hopefully some yellow/orange calla lillies, just to keep in interesting. I have lavender in a pot on the front steps, which I'm also excited about, and the roses in front are showing a bunch of new growth. It's definitely spring around here!

So, it seems I'm going to try to keep at this blogging thing for a bit longer. We'll see how it goes. And I can't get to my e-mail client at the moment, but I want to give a really big thank you to Hope for her very nice, very supportive comment on my "Blog or Cut Bait" post. Thank you, Hope!

And Hollis, if you stop by, thanks for the offer to trade the Tofutsis w-a-y back, just before things got so quiet around here. I'm so sorry I didn't get right back to you. Part of the fun of yarn clubs is getting things you wouldn't ordinarily buy, so I'll hold onto it. It's one of those things where I know the colors will be perfect for someone, and then I'll knit up a really great gift with it.

Happy spring, everyone!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home